- Be competent in creating programs in any programming language
- Fundamentals of the Java Programming Language course (Java: Core)
- Candidate should have completed the OCA 8 (1Z0-808) training completed
- Create and edit text files using a text editor
- Understand object-oriented principles
- Attend our FREE Programming essentials webinar
- 1Z0-809 Java SE 8 Programmer II : Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Implement encapsulation
- Implement inheritance including visibility modifiers and composition
- Implement polymorphism
- Override hashCode, equals, and toString methods from Object class
- Create and use singleton classes and immutable classes
- Develop code that uses static keyword on initialize blocks, variables, methods, and classes
- Develop code that uses abstract classes and methods
- Develop code that uses the final keyword
- Create inner classes including static inner class, local class, nested class, and anonymous inner class
- Use enumerated types including methods, and constructors in an enum type
- Develop code that declares, implements and/or extends interfaces and use the @Override annotation.
- Create and use Lambda expressions
- Create and use a generic class
- Create and use ArrayList, TreeSet, TreeMap, and ArrayDeque objects
- Use java.util.Comparator and java.lang.Comparable interfaces
- Collections Streams and Filters
- Iterate using forEach methods of Streams and List
- Describe Stream interface and Stream pipeline
- Filter a collection by using lambda expressions
- Use method references with Streams
- Use the built-in interfaces included in the java.util.function package such as Predicate, Consumer, Function, and Supplier
- Develop code that uses primitive versions of functional interfaces
- Develop code that uses binary versions of functional interfaces
- Develop code that uses the UnaryOperator interface
- Develop code to extract data from an object using peek() and map() methods including primitive versions of the map() method
- Search for data by using search methods of the Stream classes including findFirst, findAny, anyMatch, allMatch, noneMatch
- Develop code that uses the Optional class
- Develop code that uses Stream data methods and calculation methods
- Sort a collection using Stream API
- Save results to a collection using the collect method and group/partition data using the Collectors class
- Use flatMap() methods in the Stream API
- Use try-catch and throw statements
- Use catch, multi-catch, and finally clauses
- Use Autoclose resources with a try-with-resources statement
- Create custom exceptions and Auto-closeable resources
- Test invariants by using assertions
- Create and manage date-based and time-based events including a combination of date and time into a single object using LocalDate, LocalTime, LocalDateTime, Instant, Period, and Duration
- Work with dates and times across timezones and manage changes resulting from daylight savings including Format date and times values
- Define and create and manage date-based and time-based events using Instant, Period, Duration, and TemporalUnit
- Read and write data from the console
- Use BufferedReader, BufferedWriter, File, FileReader, FileWriter, FileInputStream, FileOutputStream, ObjectOutputStream, ObjectInputStream, and PrintWriter in the java.io package.
- Use Path interface to operate on file and directory paths
- Use Files class to check, read, delete, copy, move, manage metadata of a file or directory
- Use Stream API with NIO.2
- Create worker threads using Runnable, Callable and use an ExecutorService to concurrently execute tasks
- Identify potential threading problems among deadlock, starvation, livelock, and race conditions
- Use synchronized keyword and java.util.concurrent.atomic package to control the order of thread execution
- Use java.util.concurrent collections and classes including CyclicBarrier and CopyOnWriteArrayList
- Use parallel Fork/Join Framework
- Use parallel Streams including reduction, decomposition, merging processes, pipelines and performance.
- Describe the interfaces that make up the core of the JDBC API including the Driver, Connection, Statement, and ResultSet interfaces and their relationship to provider implementations
- Identify the components required to connect to a database using the DriverManager class including the JDBC URL
- Submit queries and read results from the database including creating statements, returning result sets, iterating through the results, and properly closing result sets, statements, and connections
- Read and set the locale by using the Locale object
- Create and read a Properties file
- Build a resource bundle for each locale and load a resource bundle in an application
- Exam no: 1Z0-809 (Java SE 8 Programmer II : Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer)
- Duration: 150 minutes
- Number of Questions: 85
- Passing Score: 65%
Course content and exam details:Please click on the syllabus tab above
In this training course following Oracle syllabus will be covered:
Java Class Design
Advanced Java Class Design
Generics and Collections
Lambda Built-in Functional Interfaces
Java Stream API
Exceptions and Assertions
Use Java SE 8 Date/Time API
Java I/O Fundamentals
Java File I/O (NIO.2)
Building Database Applications with JDBC
Oracle certification details:To get an OCP, Java SE certified, you need to pass following exam:
I had great experience in this class. Now i can give the OCPJP Exam confidently.
» Read more...
The best thing: Course was taught according to the syllabus and was completed in the prescribed duration. Sangita Ma'am taught very well.
» Read more...
I must say, application to this course was a good trigger to me. Excellent knowledge gained. Looking forward to learn some more...
» Read more...
It was really nice experience to take training from Sangita Mahajan. She was very cooperative and cool when she was lecturing she use to explain about some topics before we asks doubts...
» Read more...